Mappa metropolitana (detailed map of milan metro)

Linee, mezzi e storia, dal 1964 ad oggi

Moderators: Hallenius, teo

Re: Mappa metropolitana (detailed map of milan metro)

Postby serie1928 » Sat 13 September 2008; 12:37

My little contribution to Your good job:

M1: exiting "Lotto" northbound, the tracks make a left turn, and after a large "inverted S" to "QT8". On the right hand, also northbound, there is a short tunnel in a right bend, with a short recovering track, which origins from northbound track.

M1: between "QT8" and "Lampugnano", there is a recovering track in the middle of the 2 ways. Trains sometimes invert their direction there.

M3: between "Brenta" and "Corvetto", on the left side of the southbound track, there is a recovering track which ends shortly before "Corvetto". This track is connected only with the southbound track, so far the northbound track runs in a separate tunnel.
Abbiamo tutti fretta, e mai siamo puntuali!
serie1928

Postby cartometro » Sat 13 September 2008; 15:00

http://carto.metro.free.fr/temp/CartoMe ... o.v0.2.pdf

Thanks for the map EuroCity, I've also add the center track between Garibaldi and Moscova visible on the map, is it only connected to the right track at north or both ?

serie1928 wrote:M1: exiting "Lotto" northbound, the tracks make a left turn, and after a large "inverted S" to "QT8". On the right hand, also northbound, there is a short tunnel in a right bend, with a short recovering track, which origins from northbound track.
I'm not sure to have understand all, is it correct on the new map ?
serie1928 wrote:M1: between "QT8" and "Lampugnano", there is a recovering track in the middle of the 2 ways. Trains sometimes invert their direction there.
Train can invert direction when they com from southbound, and northbound too ?

serie1928 wrote:M3: between "Brenta" and "Corvetto", on the left side of the southbound track, there is a recovering track which ends shortly before "Corvetto". This track is connected only with the southbound track, so far the northbound track runs in a separate tunnel.
Ok, is it correct
cartometro

Postby danny1984 » Sat 13 September 2008; 16:19

Sesto FS (correggetemi se ci sono errori)

Depots on Google Maps
Famagosta M2, Gallaratese M1

Rogoredo M3 (near S.Donato station) has also a test ring like this picture (orange line, underground).
The underground straight is near the station, but separated by a wall
> Mappe interattive linee S: S1 - S2 - S3 - S4 - S5 - S6 - S8 - S9 - S11
> Trasporti nel sud ovest di Milano, blog di informazioni utili sulla mobilità collettiva nel sud-ovest milanese: trasportisudovest.blogspot.com
danny1984

Postby serie1928 » Sat 13 September 2008; 16:42

cartometro wrote:...
serie1928 wrote:M1: exiting "Lotto" northbound, the tracks make a left turn, and after a large "inverted S" to "QT8". On the right hand, also northbound, there is a short tunnel in a right bend, with a short recovering track, which origins from northbound track.
I'm not sure to have understand all, is it correct on the new map ?

Yes, it´s correct, just a little bit smoother "S", the first left turn is not so extreme. The recovering track turns right just after "Lotto" on the northbound track. I don´t remember if there is a comunication between north and southbound track, as You drawed.

cartometro wrote:
serie1928 wrote:M1: between "QT8" and "Lampugnano", there is a recovering track in the middle of the 2 ways. Trains sometimes invert their direction there.
Train can invert direction when they com from southbound, and northbound too ?

The layout is correct, but You drawed it between "Lampugnano" and "Uruguay" :wink:

cartometro wrote:
serie1928 wrote:M3: between "Brenta" and "Corvetto", on the left side of the southbound track, there is a recovering track which ends shortly before "Corvetto". This track is connected only with the southbound track, so far the northbound track runs in a separate tunnel.
Ok, is it correct
No, the track lays between the two tracks, on the left side of the southbound track, but is connected only to southbound track at both ends.
serie1928

Postby EuroCity » Sat 13 September 2008; 17:13

cartometro wrote:I've also add the center track between Garibaldi and Moscova visible on the map, is it only connected to the right track at north or both?

From the image (taken from a book), it looks like it is only connected to the right track (but then subsequently there is also a double "X" communication, shortly after): personally, looking at that picture, it has always seemed to be some form of preliminary works for a new line also towards the south (as was envisaged in the '60s, with a through line from the north via Maciachini - ex "Brianza" tramways transformed into a "heavy" metro - to the south at Rogoredo) - but the points of view are quite different on this matter, here on the forum. Who knows... :?: :)
Il mondo è quel disastro che vedete, non tanto per i guai combinati dai malfattori, ma per l’inerzia dei giusti che se ne accorgono e stanno lì a guardare. - Albert Einstein
EuroCity

Postby cartometro » Sat 13 September 2008; 21:56

serie1928 wrote:he recovering track turns right just after "Lotto" on the northbound track.
Is it connected only on lotto side ?

serie1928 wrote:The layout is correct, but You drawed it between "Lampugnano" and "Uruguay" :wink:
Ooops, i'm stupid :P
cartometro

Postby Cristian1989 » Sun 14 September 2008; 13:31

Maciachini (vado a memoria, spero non ci siano errori)

Chi vive moderno sale sul bus (Notturno Bus, 2007)
Cristian1989

Postby cartometro » Sun 14 September 2008; 16:27

Added :
-Rogoredo workshop/Depot
-M5 (I've set center platform, based on a station prototype photo, I didn't found the info for each station..)
-Sesto FS
-Maciachini
Corrected:
-"Sant' Ambrogio" & "Sant' Agostino"
- center track between "QT8" and "Lampugnano",
- recovering track after "Lotto
- third track between "Brenta" and "Corvetto"

http://carto.metro.free.fr/temp/CartoMe ... o.v0.3.pdf
cartometro

Postby Cristian1989 » Sun 14 September 2008; 21:45

Maciachini correct:
Chi vive moderno sale sul bus (Notturno Bus, 2007)
Cristian1989

Postby serie1928 » Sun 14 September 2008; 21:53

cartometro wrote:
serie1928 wrote:he recovering track turns right just after "Lotto" on the northbound track.
Is it connected only on lotto side ?

So far I remember, yes, and it bends to the right into a short tunnel which was planned to be an extention tunnel.
As the extension Lotto-QT8 was finally build, they decided to build it in a different manner instead of the normal cut-and-cover method. So the existing tunnel was left behind, and the new one was grabbed on it´s left.
Just for Your information!

cartometro wrote:
serie1928 wrote:The layout is correct, but You drawed it between "Lampugnano" and "Uruguay" :wink:
Ooops, i'm stupid :P
Don´t mind :mrgreen:
serie1928

Postby friedrichstrasse » Mon 15 September 2008; 14:35

The Loreto station on the M2 is drawn on a wrong place. It stays under piazza Argentina, as well as the M1 station.
Viva il tram moderno

BASTA CENSURE!!!
friedrichstrasse

Postby EuroCity » Mon 15 September 2008; 14:52

... Also, "Piola" should be physically aligned with "Lambrate F.S.", and it would probably be better with the spelling "S. Agostino" and "S. Ambrogio"; finally, "Garibaldi F.S." should be a little more to the south (i.e., with the northern part of its platforms adjacent to the Passante ferroviario, as can also be seen here).
Il mondo è quel disastro che vedete, non tanto per i guai combinati dai malfattori, ma per l’inerzia dei giusti che se ne accorgono e stanno lì a guardare. - Albert Einstein
EuroCity

Postby Lord Vetinari » Mon 15 September 2008; 17:38

friedrichstrasse wrote:The Loreto station on the M2 is drawn on a wrong place. It stays under piazza Argentina, as well as the M1 station.

Sono entrambe sotto la piazza, ma i marciapiedi in pianta formano una specie di "L", quindi il disegno non è del tutto sbagliato.
Lord Vetinari

Postby friedrichstrasse » Mon 15 September 2008; 17:46

La posizione relativa dei marciapiedi è corretta, ma la M2 non fa la serpentina!
Viva il tram moderno

BASTA CENSURE!!!
friedrichstrasse

Postby cartometro » Mon 15 September 2008; 22:06

friedrichstrasse wrote:The Loreto station on the M2 is drawn on a wrong place. It stays under piazza Argentina, as well as the M1 station.
Ok, thank you, I thought the stations were in Piazzale Loreto ...
cartometro

PreviousNext

Return to Metropolitane